Friend Visiting photo printed on acrylic gift

I live in Las Vegas (Now you all want to be my friends!) Yea, I know how that works!
my Glowforge peeps! :slight_smile:

A friend is visiting me in August and wants me to make him something “Vintage Vegas”
today I was inspired with THIS: on frosted acrylic and using Imag-r free software converter to a laser you have to wade thru about 1/2 dozen ads, But it IS free! – and pretty decent! - I found a photo of vintage Vegas, Inverted and reversed it, and GF’ed it … and THIS is the results!

18 Likes

It’s obvious you’re having fun with the new laser! Quick personalized gifts are your new superpower.

2 Likes

and here I thought it was being able to pee when I am standing up :slight_smile:

Jonathan

3 Likes

Women can do that too. They learned that the first time they had to use a porta-potty! :grimacing:

2 Likes

i was revolution, and a forced change to our development, its called the ‘hover’

1 Like

This conversation deteriorated rapidly! :rofl:

5 Likes

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
Nice gift. They will love it.

1 Like

VERY nice!!

Happy to be a GF friend, but honestly, I HATE Vegas! Always have. Maybe because Clark County thinks they’re the only ones in Nevada, and cause so much grief to the upper state areas. Remember when they took over the 702 area code for themselves and made the rest of the state change theirs? :roll_eyes: We lived in the Carlin/Spring Creek area for 20 years, and only went to Vegas three times, because of school sports, a wedding, and an invite from a church. We drove through it plenty of times when we’d moved to Arizona and traveled back to Nevada to see our kids. But you can keep Vegas!
I do, however, like your design and think it turned out really good. Your friend will love it!

I am originally from Brooklyn, New York, and bought a place in vegas during the bust, with the idea to ‘live out there in a few years’ I commuted back and forth to Vegas, getting the place fixed up (was a short sale and pretty neglected) and working In NYC - When my mom passed in 2010 I decided that NYC was no longer the place for me, and started planning to move and figured “october 31 2012” as my move date, But by october 01 I was chompin at the bit to ‘get outta dodge’ and left 15 days early, then October 29th Hurricane sandy came thru and dumped 7’ of water in my house, Me and all my possessions where in Las vegas at the time.

So it seemed I MADE THE RIGHT DECISION!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I have been here since, and never have had a day of ‘buyers remorse’

Jonathan

5 Likes