Frog Meets Dog., Frog

Not a difficult or earth shattering project but one quite special for me. My granddaughter is learning to read and I was looking for good things for her to read. Well I discovered that one of our own forum members @janee (Janee Tralser) writes children’s books. Tonight she came over and we had read… She had a slow start but in no time, she was sounding out words on her own. At the end of the book. Janee shows us how to draw a frog. My granddaughter drew her own frog and of course we had to laser a copy onto wood.

Thank you @janee
(We had to order to more of your books tonight, and we can’t wait to read them)

41 Likes

How wonderful! Her frog is absolutely brilliant, way better than I could ever draw :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It is really good and
Janee has great instructions!

6 Likes

OMGoodness!! I can’t tell you how happy this makes me!! Her frog is REALLY good!! And I’m thrilled that she was sounding out words. I remember the exact moment I realized as a child that I was actually READING a Dr Seuss book and not just memorizing it. It makes me so happy to be a part of that moment for your granddaughter!! Thank you so much!

Please tell her that I think her frog is amazing!! :heart::heart::frog::heart::heart:

22 Likes

@tjleasa May I share your granddaughter’s frog on instagram and Facebook? I’m so impressed!!

9 Likes

This is great! When my little one gets to that point I’ll have to keep her books in mind!

7 Likes

Of course. That is really cool. (She is reading it again this morning)

5 Likes

Such a sweet post!! Thank you for sharing.

6 Likes

This is awesome! I ordered one of @janee 's books too and she is a very talented author!

5 Likes

@rvogt Thank you! :blush::heart:

3 Likes

Both parts of this post are so wonderful…the part about such a great book (and its very talented author and fellow forum member) and even more so the part about your granddaughter learning to read. Warm fuzzies on this one. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

A terrific post! A book to make a great moment then a laser to help remember the moment! Great frog! Didn’t know we had an author on the forum. Where can we purchase the books? Or, where can we purchase the books that benefits the author most?

6 Likes

@janee has her website link on her profile banner. She lists three big online sellers. I used Amazon for convenience but you’re right, now I wish I would have asked her first. Janee?

4 Likes

@MakerMatthew @tjleasa

I am thrilled when- and wherever someone purchases one of my books. I shop at Amazon myself. They catch a lot of flack, but seriously, they have gotten me and mine through this pandemic so far.

5 Likes