From Glowforge Catalog

i just wanted to share with all of you my Tic-Tac-Toe set, my Crashing Waves Spiral Clock and my backgammon deluxe made with Glowforge from Glowforge catalog. I am in love with this 3 pieces, already made some presents with them, and my friends loved them

35 Likes

They’re all nice, but that backgammon set is :heart::heart:! You did a great job with it.

5 Likes

Awesome looking clock.

I’m a big fan of unique clocks. That one is very elegant while retaining a modern vibe.

4 Likes

Nice! The catalog has such great, well thought out designs. I wish they would expand the choices.

4 Likes

It is always nice to give friends such nice homemade gifts.

3 Likes

They all turned out beautifully…my favorite is the clock.

4 Likes

They turned out great!

1 Like

How difficult was the backgammon and what materials dod you use

1 Like

It was a little bit difficult at the beginning trying to figure out how to assemble and put all the pieces in the right place. But once you figure out this, it was so much fun putting all pieces and glue them together. The other difficult part was figuring out in the design sent, why there were 5 separated designs. Then I understood I needed different materials and colors on it.
The design had 24 playing chips (12 for each player) and you actually need 30 chips (15 for each player). I decided to cut then in two different colors.
The materials used: plywood in one color, veneer in 2 more colors different to plywood, red acrylic for the chips of 1 player, plywood for the other player.
I am working on another one, with different color, or same color in another place, once is ready, I will post a picture of it.

2 Likes

For future reference, you can find the instructions for the catalog designs by clicking the little icon at the top with three dots (…) – I’m glad you were able to figure out how it all went together, though. It looks great!

2 Likes

i wish they were more explicit with materials in each step

I was sure they were somewhere. But that is my big mistake always, I don’t like to read, and I don’t like to ask either, maybe I enjoy figuring out things. :smiley:
Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like