Frustrated - cannot figure out why not bringing up 3DEngrave

OK I am having a brain fade. I’ve done many 3DEngraves but just got my machine back from being repaired and not using it for 8 months. What do I need to save it as, or what do I need to do to get it it print up 3D Engrave in the list of options? Getting frustrated here. I know this is operator error - help please.

What material are you using? Some materials allow 3D settings and others don’t.

walnut hard wood - have used it before

Do you have bitmap in? One of the previous designs that worked?

If I recall correctly, the 3D engrave option will only display for raster (bitmap) images and it does not come up automatically for any of the plywoods. (Plywoods aren’t a good candidate because of the veneer - it leaves a line in 3D engraves.)

Should come up for draftboard, hardwoods and acrylics.

I am confused. I’ve always just taken the image into Inkscape and saved it as an .svg file. I then bring it into the dashboard and it works. How so I save as a raster?

If the original image you brought into Inkscape was made up of pixels, it’s a raster image. (Another name for bitmap, jpg or png.)

1 Like

That was it - thank you all.

1 Like

We’re glad everything worked out! Thanks again Marmak3261 and Jules! I’m going to close this thread out, but if you run into any more trouble, don’t hesitate to write back in.