Frustrating morning, but solved'ish

True but I think this one was inside out :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That might still not make a difference in QR. That would technically be ‘backwards’, but the reference elements should still tell the computer the proper orientation and design. A blurry/unclear code, though, is another thing entirely.

1 Like

Wait, you did notice that I just hand drew something with a pencil for my “AwesomeGrade” (read Home Depot with paper on top) plywood to be my “QR code” right?

3 Likes

I did…and i still think it’s upside down. :smile:

4 Likes

Give me 2 second in Photoshop and it will be fixed…

4 Likes

While you’re there…

filter > sharpen > unsharp mask > 500%

That’ll fix the blur, right?

4 Likes

I mean if you just need QR codes, I can get you some QR codes. I know a guy who knows a guy who robbed a guy. Just don’t ask a lot of questions if occasionally your material scans as “Reformed ham” or “Cat, American Shorthair”

12 Likes

I would certainly hope so.

Upside down bar codes just doesn’t stop being funny for me.

5 Likes

I did get a good laugh at that. I just couldn’t overcome my analytical side…and years working with bar codes. Personally, I can’t wait to scan out the QR on PG to see if I am right about the content. If I am, you would be able to make your own codes for materials you use that are not PG, but you have working settings for. (That is unless the code is a web link to a GF/PG web page for the settings for a specific material, which would be totally lame. Even then, if you can get the page coding, you would still be able to make your own custom codes for etching ceramic tiles or cutting construction paper. You would just need your own web pages, too.)

1 Like

This was brought up before, and @dan’s response is that the QR code returns an alphanumeric code that contains no usable info for the public, but cross references to specific settings in GF’s PG cloud database.

Edit: I just scanned someone else’s ProofGrade QR code from my computer screen in this thread: Prerelease Request: Post your Lid Camera Pictures here - #8 by rpegg

Here’s the output.

3 Likes

One could, I suppose, create small cards with the QR codes from PG material to set in on top of similar non-PG material for quick swap settings.

…not that I would ever do that, my loyalty to GF and PG material being so unwavering that I’d never give a dime to those heathens at Awesomeco.

4 Likes

No reason to. You can pick the PG settings from a pulldown menu.

2 Likes

oh… well that’s much easier!

1 Like

Hmm… if you’re using illustrator, hit Command + Y after converting to outlines. Sometimes there’s some funky junk in there that needs to be cleaned up.

1 Like

I saw that. It would be really nice to have a local config file that could reference non-PG codes. Something like GFCUSTOM:A:AAAB1 hits one of your saved presets.

1 Like

As long as you’re doing an engrave, a finicky font is a perfect place to convert to a raster in your design software before sending to your laser’s CAM.

It’s a good troubleshooting step. But you’ll get better image quality leaving it as a vector, if you can.

3 Likes

Totally, leaving as vector is the way to go - when it’s actually possible.