Fun cardboard rubber band gun

One time use. Shoot the Taser, and the battery drains nearly immediately! :wink:

2 Likes

If the taser didn’t knock them out, the now defunct drone to the back of the head will!

9 Likes

:smiley: Out of likes for the day

2 Likes

As an aside, we bought Squirrel Busters for the tree this year, and they’re awesome. Squirrels have just about completely given up at this point.

7 Likes

What catalog? Haven’t seen any catalog yet.

He is talking about the forthcoming Design Catalog. It does not exist yet… at least not publically!

3 Likes

Advanced and challenging will likely teach a lot of lessons about how to design, how to build, how to repair, how to make.
My husband had done lots of starship models, and he said a pirate ship will be easy and fun… HA! It turned out to be advanced and challenging. But we did finish it, learned a lot, and had some fun.

I vote yes on the Gatling quad copter.

27 Likes

:hearts::hearts::hearts: (out of Likes) - Rich

3 Likes

Yes please!

1 Like

I love this pirate ship. Is this a model of some historical ship or your design based on other ships? - Rich

the kit was called “Jolly Roger” but reviewers on Amazon identified it as a specific historical ship. We thought it looked close enough to the general idea and worth sticking on a Peter Pan themed display.

What a beautiful job. I have always enjoyed making model ships. The picture makes it look pretty big, how big is it? :grin:

I don’t have it any more… donated to the event.
Here’s a build photo for reference.

20 Likes

If anyone wants to make this the pattern is free here on their site with instructions. :slight_smile:M9 construction manual - RBguns

7 Likes

Has anyone converted this PDF template to a vector cutting file yet? I have been trying to do this in Illustrator using the trace tool and its working but I’m having trouble getting the holes that the dowels will have to fit into perfectly circular and the exact size needed. (Im not an Illustrator pro but trying to learn and watch all tutorials that i can)

I’m almost ready to give up and delete the holes and then print out the template, tape it on the laser cut out and then mark and drill the holes manually with a drill.

It’s not the cleanest file, as far as what should be continuous lines actually being segmented, but the drawing plans at the back of the document are all actually vectors in the PDF.

Just choose to open the PDF in Illustrator, it will ask you what page. Select the page and everything will come in as vector lines. It has a little bit of clean up to do - such as, they have a white rectangle in the background that will be picked up as an engrave, probably… or, at least an extra element.

1 Like

I got the same thing in Corel Draw, it will also load PDF’s by page and you can save as different file formats.

1 Like

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how can I tell if the drawings in the PDF are already vectors? Is it just a matter of bringing it into Illustrator and see if it draws all the paths automatically?

I will be trying this later tonight again the way you suggest. Thanks.

Not dumb at all. You can’t really tell by just looking at the PDF.

A few ways, I suppose… you can just see what’s over the “layers” section (you will probably need to expand/drop down the palette it to see everything). If it’s images, the layers palette will have a bunch of images listed. You can also just click directly on one of the paths and see what it looks like. A raster image will be selected with a bounding box around the image and you won’t be able to select any of the individual lines that appear on the page.

Oh, I see. I think I was going about this the wrong way.

I was creating a new 20x12 art board and then placing the PDF template page in it. When doing that it wasn’t creating the paths it just created one big image of it, hence I was trying to use trace to create the cut lines.

If I just right click the PDF and open with Illustrator it works! It created the paths. (I feel like this is one of those Duh! moments)

Thank you for the help! I’m learning new things everyday.

2 Likes