Fun, Fun, Fun, Fiddles

Right in the middle of a 2:30 min acrylic print and the power goes out for a brief second and stops everything. Thanks to the electric company for working on a power line. Oh well how frustrating…:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

If you don’t move anything you might be able to save some of it. Depends on the design. If it’s something simple, I’d see if I could generate a new design with what has already been done removed from it, then “Add Artwork” and place it exactly over the stopped one and ignore the stopped one.

2 Likes

I’ve done it with puzzles. But that’s just vector cuts. I think it would be a lot more difficult on an engrave (to not have an obvious starting/stopping point).

3 Likes

I thought about just starting it again, but i was engraving text and it stopped right in the middle of second line of the text. Don’t think that would work. But i do appreciate the thought and assistance…

1 Like

That’s why it would be nice to have the ability to specify whether the job starts printing top to bottom or bottom to top, left to right or right to left. My cheap k40 software can do this and I used it all the time for failed prints.

1 Like

There has been quite a bit of discussion about that, and some pretty good rationale for why it is how it is, but since I’m typing on my tiny phone right now I will leave it to you to hunt them down. :blush:

1 Like