Fun with cord and walnut

Welcome back!!! Brilliant design!!!
I am looking forward to your 2023 designs!!! Yay! You are an inspiration.

9 Likes

Thank you so much! Life just got in the way last year. I am making a concerted effort to be present this year! How have you been?

6 Likes

Very nice! Love the contrast of the white-ish cord against the dark walnut, and just the mix of the two materials.

7 Likes

Been doing well! I need more time to design! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I hear that!!! LOL

4 Likes

Lovely idea, well executed. Lots of interesting designs could benefit from the same basic “everything under tension” technique.

Now it’s in my design toolbox, too. Thanks for sharing it.

7 Likes

So wonderful to see you back! Happy New Year.

I love everything about this; thank you for the descriptions.

7 Likes

Hi Victor!!! Love the combination of materials. Very, very nice!

6 Likes

Added some pictures at the top to show true under tension. :slight_smile: cool idea but not loving it. Lol

5 Likes

Very cool. Looks fantastic!

5 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Yes, I agree. The original is somehow more satisfying.

But now you have me thinking about tensegrityhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensegrity. Hmmm.

5 Likes

Very nice! It’s a fruit bowl that won’t bruise the fruit :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for the inspiration! I just had to try it out for myself.

For a modernist look I used plastic coated stainless cable – the kind commonly used for stringing beaded necklaces instead of cotton cord.

I’d never have though of this technique before your post.

15 Likes

Looks great! I used cotton cord because I was going for a nautical look. I have other material as well. Just made a new one and will be putting it together soon!

5 Likes

This is an amazing idea, but I think I like the thicker cord just because it is easier to see.

3 Likes

I agree. When I used the thinner cord it just looked out of balance.

2 Likes

Great idea. Well done

2 Likes

This is a very cool idea and well executed!

2 Likes

Where is this design and instructions on cording. I’m ready to do it!! It’s adorable and I actually have the cord in my stash of stuff. Lol

1 Like