Fun with necklace pendants

Hi Everyone!

It was a super dreary weekend where we live, and because of that we ended up spending a good majority of the time indoors. So, in between episodes of “The Wire”, I decided to make a few necklace pendants.

Since the cuts were close together, I changed the cutting settings to manual, and reduced the laser power by 5 percent and upped the speed by 5 lines per minute.

Two were made with 1/8" cherry hardwood, and two were made with 1/8" walnut hardwood.

I’m really happy with how each of them turned out!

Though I do think the origami bird is my favorite!

104 Likes

Oh, I like the Fibonacci sequence one so much.

19 Likes

Cool! Yes, these are excellent. :slight_smile: nice work

7 Likes

Those look Amazing! Great work!

5 Likes

Those are lovely designs, and such variety. Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Beautiful. I also like the bird, but agree with @markevans36301 that my favorite is the Fibonacci. They are all excellent, though.

6 Likes

well I like the golden ratio also but put me on team bird.

5 Likes

Also agree…it’s a toss up for favorite between the ratio and the bird. (But they all look great!) :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

golden ratio is the fav, but three cheers for the cute paw print - very sweet :cat2: :+1:

3 Likes

Hi there!
All very nice, but to me that Fibonacci design is geometrically beautiful and mathematically elegant! It looks so good in that cherry!
The way the elements together unite into that piece of art. The star in the center, inside of the square - and how each spiral gracefully unwind into the circle that encompasses them, contained within the square. Great choice of design! A natural extension of the Fibonacci ratio.
Reminds me of flowing water. Beautiful.

The walnut ‘flower’ is also very nice. Perfect choice of silver findings for it. They contrast so well against that dark wood.
Thanks for sharing those!

6 Likes

Yes, the origami pendant is awesome!

4 Likes

Really cool work, i like those a lot. I did some jewelry making in college and it was very satisfying, though I spent far too many hours with 600 grit wet sandpaper wearing my fingertips to the bone.

2 Likes

I am always amazed at the artistic talents that the two of you have. You make such unique projects that are very inspiring to all of us. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Fantastic work! I wonder how difficult it would be to fill in the spaces with colored resins.

3 Likes

For small work like that you could also look into pouring colored acrylic into the spaces (just remember that resin shrinks slightly when cured).

3 Likes

Beautiful work! Nicely done!

2 Likes

Gorgeous!!

1 Like

This is awesome!! I have a dozen or so necklace designs just waiting for a Glowforge to make them real! These are fantastic!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be able to pick a favorite from these. SUCH nice work!

2 Likes

As a jewelry designer, those are AMAZING!!!

3 Likes