Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

FWIW, I have no problem with you getting one before me. I suspect that I’m not alone in that sentiment. You contribute so much to this forum, and no doubt having a prerelease will enable you to help GF refine this product for all of us. Yes it’s a perk, but it’s also a public service - so stop feeling guilty and enjoy it :wink:

18 Likes

Yup that about sums it up!!! So excited you got one! You deserve it!!

8 Likes

Congrats on your new baby GF :glowforge:

6 Likes

Of all the people to get one early… you’d certainly be among my top picks because I know you’ll be excited to test all the things the rest of us have questions about. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Congrats! Glad to see the great Hedgie Revolution has begun! :hedgie::squee::glowforge:

14 Likes

I think one of your first projects should be a big stick - then smack that hubby and tell him to let you forge when you want to !! :grin:

( j/k - say no to domestic violence ! - maybe a little stick…)

13 Likes

Just adding to the growing list of congrats. At least they are picking people we can be happy for :squee: and not people like (add Sideshow Bob Icon Here)

7 Likes

My emotions must be expressed with these:

:scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat::heart::heart::heart::dancer::dancer::dancer::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::squeeee::squeeee::squeeee::glowforge::glowforge::glowforge::chocolate_bar::chocolate_bar::chocolate_bar::smiley_cat::smiley_cat::smiley_cat:

PS - In that order!

10 Likes

@Jules, I am glad you got a GF early, because sure deserve it. I am especially glad since you are working on a manual, and having a GF will make your manual even more complete. I am VERY anxious to get to see your manual since I am a complete newbie. I don’t know how you juggle your time so that you can work, “play” and keep up with this forum. :grin:

9 Likes

I gave up food and sleep temporarily. :wink:

(Glowforge did the manual, and it’s incredibly good.) :grin:

13 Likes

Congrats @Jules !

5 Likes

Although @jules answered well, an example of scoring AND engraving is my Durin’s Door. The stone facade that is made out of the wood framing is scored. Note the thinness of the lines and some scorching on the turns or radii. The acrylic is raster engraved from a vector turned into a PNG to give a an evenness to the etching and allow for a thicker/wider line to illuminate.

Setting connecting Glowforge to network and computer to Glowforge was a heck of a lot easier than getting my GoPro connected. Still stuck with trying to either connect to GoPro or connect to the network. Choose one.

3 Likes

Congratulations! I was hoping you’d get one! Can’t wait to follow your progress. Although I really thought you’d name it the Hedgieforge! :hedgie:

3 Likes

Funny. I was thinking how quickly I had read the whole forum the last two days and Kapow drops another prerelease and the lights come on again.

4 Likes

Looking good. Hope to see more of what you can do. Have fun.

1 Like

Ok. Three hours straight to catch up on today. Granted, in iPad it’s slower going in the posting and navigation.

1 Like

I might just switch to that when they ship me my very own. I like it! :grinning:

8 Likes

Unless @JeremyNielsen gets his first… Although Mumforge sounds good too…lol :hedgie:

8 Likes

No, but when it does, it will start working on every Glowforge at the same time.

17 Likes

This is one of the things we struggle most to explain clearly… if you engrave an image, the laser has to go back and forth many times, pulsing briefly along the way, which is comparatively slow but lets you create any black and white image. If you score the image with the laser, it’s quite fast, but creates thin lines rather than being able to make fills.

Scoring is only possible if you draw with paths or vectorize and remove all fills. Engraving is possible with any design.

We’re working on making this easier to manage in the UI. :slight_smile:

20 Likes