Fusible web applique kit maker

I’m looking to hear from any other quilt pattern designer/fusible web applique kit maker. Anyone else using the Glowforge for making applique kits?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Have you used the Search function yet? Try “cloth” and “quilt”, I’ll bet you’ll find something. I’d recommend also checking out posts about holding down paper and cloth; lightweight materials usually fly around after the cut operation unless they are held down somehow. (Flying things crossing the laser’s path are just not good.)

I have cut fabric for a chenille (stacked fabric, bias-cut) lap quilt. I’ve not tried any applique yet.

Looking forward to seeing what you make with your Glowforge and cloth.

2 Likes

Thank You Kelley – I’ll try those two key words and see what I can find.

I sell wholesale laser cut appliqué kits – and for the past five or so years have had laser companies cut my appliqué – but thought it was time to make my own. Sure would be great NOT to incur that extra cost – more money for me! LOL

Sue Pritt

Sweet Seasons to You!

www.sweetseasonquilts.com

P.O.Box 31 - Schaghticoke, NY 12154

518-728-0302

2 Likes

Oh Goodness sue1 I just checked out your website and your pieces are STUNNING!!! Such beautiful detailes…

1 Like

I just got back from your website, too; wow! Yes, you should totally make your own appliques. You will be able to learn what you can do with your own laser and make designs that were “out of reach” before.

I love the Retreat Bag; that sewing machine on top of the car is so cute.

Thanks! :slight_smile: When I first began designing and selling quilted wall hangings (in 2004), I only sold patterns. But now what the quilters want are the kits with all the appliqué already fused and laser cut! So there you have it! I have to give my customers what they want. LOL

Sue Pritt

Sweet Seasons to You!

518-728-0302

Thank You! When I first began designing and selling (in 2004), I only sold patterns. But now the quilters only want kits with fused and laser cut appliqué – so that’s what I must give my customers. LOL

Sue Pritt

Sweet Seasons to You!

518-728-0302

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.