Fusion (mm) to Illustrator (mm) and to Glowforge in inch

I am new to Glowforge and have a metric workflow problem.
I design in Fusion in mm, import to Illustrator in mm. So how do I cut in the same scale on my Glowforge?

You’ll still be fine - the only need for inches in the GF is when entering the material height and the focus height.

3 Likes

I design in mm as well. Just continue to use whatever units you are comfortable with to create your designs. The Glowforge interface will interpret it just fine when it opens the file.

1 Like

Yes, but why is the Glowforge cutting everything too small?
I have a design with a circle diameter that is 30,8 mm in Illustrator. But when I cut it, I measure the circle to 22,5 mm.

1 Like

Make sure that Responsive is not checked when you are saving to the SVG from Illustrator.

1 Like

Thank you, this did the trick:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Glad it worked. The reason, if you’re interested, is that responsive is basically a web-design option. It’s removing the height and width attributes (if I remember correctly) so that the SVG scales automatically in the design. We don’t want that when we are trying to work with “exacts” but I believe that it’s the default option when saving as SVG.

1 Like

Thank you @jbmanning5, I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!