G is for Piggy Bank!

I whipped this up for my grandson, Gavin, for Yule. I’ve seen similar ones online and thought it would be a fun project. This is the only photo I took of the finished coin bank before I packed it up to send to him. But I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.

77418375_3187979097940428_1471810675872366592_n (1)|375x500

It’s made in layers (perhaps obviously) that are stacked, sanded and painted. I got the stopper from Etsy. While it all came together rather nicely, it was fussy and took longer than I had expected to finish it. I’m thinking that I will make more in the New Year, though. Now that I have a better idea of the process, maybe the next ones won’t be so challenging.

25 Likes

That is really gorgeous! I’m a big fan of Celtic designs. You really nailed it!

2 Likes

Very nice! We had bought simple banks at a craft fair when the kids were little. Loved them. This one is over the top awesome! Love Celtic designs also!

2 Likes

Thank you, @cynd11! I love Celtic knotwork and when I found the font, I knew it would be perfect for the bank.

1 Like

Thank you, @ptodd! I have an affinity for piggy banks and I often give them as baby gifts. I couldn’t find one that I liked when Gavin was born, so his was a little delayed in getting to him.

2 Likes

Very nice design and execution. It will be fun for your grandson to watch this fill up.

2 Likes

Really nice design! I’m sure it will be loved for years to come.

1 Like

Thank you, @dklgood.

Thank you, @jeanneleigh!