I whipped this up for my grandson, Gavin, for Yule. I’ve seen similar ones online and thought it would be a fun project. This is the only photo I took of the finished coin bank before I packed it up to send to him. But I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.
It’s made in layers (perhaps obviously) that are stacked, sanded and painted. I got the stopper from Etsy. While it all came together rather nicely, it was fussy and took longer than I had expected to finish it. I’m thinking that I will make more in the New Year, though. Now that I have a better idea of the process, maybe the next ones won’t be so challenging.