Gallery view

So I was just thinking wouldn’t it be nice if there was a gallery view of the photos that get uploaded for made on a Glowforge. I always seems to see something I like and can’t seem to find the image or thread that inspired me. But I remember what the image looked like.

4 Likes

‘Made on a Gloforge’ is where people who choose to, can display their work. No way could the company allow access to all the photographic files that have been uploaded. That’s your best bet.

1 Like

Discourse has a handy bookmark feature built in that might help.

4 Likes

Thanks, never saw the bookmark icon on my phone. That will help out.

As far as we know Discourse doesn’t support a gallery so either bookmark them or put them in a folder on Pinterest as you see them.

1 Like

You need to click the ellipsis / more menu at the bottom of the message.

Oh I’m pretty sure they actually could. It wouldn’t take much for them to scrape the DB for images uploaded to the “Made on a Glowforge”, linked to the user account associated with them, and then dynamically pass them into a a jQuery slideshow carousel.

Plus I’m seem to recall something in the TOS about handing over rights to content uploaded to the GF website to GF.

7.3 Limited License Grant to Other Users.

7.3.1 Limited License Grant to Other Users. By submitting, posting, publishing, or sharing User Content with other users of the Service, you grant those users a non-exclusive license to access and use that User Content as permitted by these Terms, any additional terms you agree to at the time that you upload that User Content, and the functionality of the Service.

Pretty sure that’s the clause that would allow them to compile a slideshow…

2 Likes

License Grant to Other Users.

I may be mistaken, but the way I read that it that grants other users use of what I share, I don’t believe it grants glowforge the right to share my personal files as they wish.

1 Like

Google image search is your friend

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:https://community.glowforge.com/&hl=en-us&prmd=insv&source=lnms&tbm=isch

6 Likes

I’ll extend that to say use the tools options to say a date range, so you can quickly build a list of all the pix from the last week.

I wonder if this gets posts to the beyond the manual category, since it’s login-only? Probably not?

7.3 doesn’t but 7.2 does. It just depends on where they’re put/uploaded to GF. To be clear design files uploaded to the app for cutting aren’t GF’s to share.

Limited License Grant to Glowforge. By submitting, posting, publishing, or sharing User Content to a public area of the Service (e.g. the Glowforge community forum), you grant Glowforge a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify for the purpose of formatting for display, and distribute your User Content, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels now known or later developed.

1 Like

I would love to have a gallery to scroll through instead of having to go in and out of posts. They could be tagged with content hashes for searching or filtering, and then linked back to the original post for the author’s write up.

2 Likes