Gantry Trying to Move Past The Back

The gantry keeps trying to move back even though it is already as far back as it can when I turn my Glowforge on. It worked fine and started doing it during centering for a “print” and now does it every time I cut it on.

The team will be along shortly with more detailed troubleshooting, but I took a brief look at the logs from your Glowforge and I wanted to offer up a quick suggestion. Could try turning off your Glowforge, removing the material from the bed, and then turning it on without the material in the bed?

If that doesn’t resolve things for you, let us know and we’ll continue troubleshooting with you.

5 Likes

That did seem to take care of it. Out of curiosity why would that be an issue?

1 Like

The unit takes a picture of the bed and uses an algorithm to try and determine the location of the head from the image. It’s possible (not sure about your specific case) that it can recognize just the right hole in your material as the head, and then send a motion command to try and get that hole to center (which obviously doesn’t work well).

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer @jbmanning5, that’s right.

In our Stuck Calibrating troubleshooting guide, that case would fit under the bullet-point:

• The materials in the bed are creating images that cannot be processed correctly

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic.