Garage Marker

A friend recently bought herself a bright yellow jeep and since today was her birthday, I decided to make her a placement marker for the garage wall to mark her spot.
I blended some Rustoleum spray paints to match the color best I could. She loves it.

53 Likes

That’s adorable! What did you do to the tires to make them look pebbled?

3 Likes

Wow, that’s pretty and SO vibrant! The paint turned out beautifully!

2 Likes

Fun! That is a nice gift!

3 Likes

This looks awesome!!

3 Likes

I suggested this as their new state motto, they didn’t like it;

"Missouri Loves Company"

5 Likes

That looks great!! It seems like every other person in Knoxville has some type of jeep.

3 Likes

Amazing color matching!

2 Likes

Thank you. I did a base layer of Rustoleum textured paint and then painted with a blend of black and gray.

7 Likes

Very clever

2 Likes

Nicely done. Very clean.

2 Likes

The bold graphics of your designs are such a treat! I’m sure she loved it.

2 Likes

That is so cute! I bet she loves it! :heart:

2 Likes

Color match and graphic looks fantastic!

4 Likes

That is tight. Did you use spray on the whole thing or just for the textured tires?

1 Like

Love it, I want one for my jeep!!!

1 Like

Really fun! Love her Jeep.

4 Likes

The entire thing is cut out just like you would a puzzle. I then take all of the pieces of the same color, “double tape” stick them to a large piece of cardboard and spray paint them.
I paint same colored pieces all at the same time as I am usually blending my cans to achieve the right color and if you do them separately it is near impossible to get them to match each other (let alone your target color). For things like the tires, I do a base coat of textured paint and then the color.

3 Likes

I did the fenders in gray because she is getting ready to switch out the ones on her’s with some gray rubber ones

1 Like

Brilliant design and perfect painting. No wonder she loves it, it’s fabulous :smiley:

2 Likes