Gear-shaped Print Button Escutcheon Blank

I really, really, really like this design: A Worthy Print Button Escutcheon, so I knocked together my version of it as a blank. Add your own text, and hide the blue line. It doesn’t have the inner engrave of @MechanicalGoose 's excellent original, but you can add that if you want. If you change the text, you will likely need to change the rotation on the blue ring to get it to line up the way you want.

GF%20button%20escutcheon%20blank

34 Likes

Nice! Thanks for sharing! :grinning:

1 Like

No worries. I had some text in it, but it doesn’t render in the preview. The text is constrained along the path. Hopefully Inkscape notices it, but if not, that’s how I did it: I added a text element, and used the “Put on Path” option.

1 Like

Thanks for saving current and future owners some time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

its a bad file, my forge won’t recognize it

Just tried it and it works, not sure what you are doing wrong. What do you see when trying to bring it onto the glowforge dashboard? how did you save it and what file type?

File is fine. Save it as SVG (the format it’s posted in.) If you can’t, it’s likely because you’re using Edge, which won’t let you.

Thanks for checking on it. The file worked when I uploaded it (since it’s the same one I used)… wasn’t sure if there was some other problem. @kdgink001 were you able to sort it out?

Yeah i got into work for some reason it wasn’t saving as and svg if you changed the name. I was trying to print them to make a senory board for a friend’s kid

Thanks for the file. It worked just fine for me!

Thank you for sharing! :+1:t2: