Geometric shapes

I’m trying to make a cut file of a geometric animal but it won’t let me cut no matter what i do and now i just want to go office space on this software. Any tips or tricks?

The GFUI (what you see in the web browser when working with your glowforge) doesn’t do this.

At the top of the Glowforge Tips and Tricks section of the forum is the Table of Contents for the Tutorials. You may want to start with the Designing section and work your way down. I suspect your geometric animal is either a raster (just a picture) or a set of vector fills. What you ultimately want is a vector (line only, no fill) around your animal. You’ll become familiar with these terms as you work your way through the tutorials.

Good luck and happy lasering!

1 Like

The GF staff have a great getting started guide, too: Your First Three Prints

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. What software are you trying to use that is not performing the way you wish? Also, there are many tutorials regarding designing for the Glowforge that might be helpful in the support section.

Sorry about previous post. It was not directed at you, dwardio. I meant to address sdamron22.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble. It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

If you are still having trouble with your file you can post it here or send it to us at support@glowforge.com, and I’d be happy to take a closer look.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.