Get it to que a cut

So I am making sets of coasters. I made my round cut template but when it shows in the left que, it only allows me to engrave or ignore. I want that to cut after the first que engraves the design. Any help appreciated.

1 Like

its a rasterized file, not a vector file… what program did you create it in?

Jonathan

1 Like

Procreate then a screen shot.

1 Like

And I am guessing from you name you may have some suggestions for me and my iPad.:call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

You need a vector line around the image that’s in the center of your coaster. You can add one right in the GFUI, like this (I’m honestly not sure if this is a regular feature or a premium feature);

OR you could add a circle and center it on your coaster from here (this is a premium feature);

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.27.55 PM

Otherwise you will need to create a vector cutting line in an image editing program like Illustrator or Inkscape. I don’t use my iPad to design, but use Affinity Designer on my iMac.

Hope this helps.

7 Likes

That shows up on my GF. I am a premium member, so your guess is as good as mine.
Thanks I’ll see what I can do!

3 Likes

So much appreciated

3 Likes

i dabble with the mac… that’s for sure :slight_smile:
the ‘screenshot’ tuned your vector int a raster … but the advice above is AWESOME
use the tools and make an outline, PROBLEM SOLVED!

1 Like

The outline tool is one of my favorite premium uses!

2 Likes

I do admit I spend a DRAMATIC time making lines / circles / Outlines while I am working…

Illustrator for iPad will allow you to create vectors for cutting and scoring, but that program requires subscription which may not be to your taste. There are lots of other vector drawing apps for iPad including Affinity Designer, Vectornator, etc.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’ll check into them!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.