Getting a clear image to remove the dotting

I’ve been trying to print a few logos/designs that I have created on my iPhone and moved over to the glowforge. Each time I try however the background is completely filled with these weird dots and dashes. Is there an app I can use to clear this, or save it a different way or something so that it doesn’t do this? I create a lot of my wording designs in the app Phonto because it has all of my fonts I need, and majority of my work is done on my iPhone or iPad. Not a computer. Thank you in advance!

If you can share an example either with us or support via email, we can check, but it’s likely artifacts from compression in the file format. JPG is known for that in some cases - although it’s easy to avoid using a raster editing package like Gimp. On an iOS device, however, not sure what options you have other than to use a different file format that doesn’t compress the file. Try PNG.

Even when in Png the artifacts will follow, I have found that extreme contrast will push everything to either black or white and make those artifacts less obtrusive. This is particularly true if your software will do masks,

Based on the information you’ve provided, it does sound like this is likely a matter of compression artifacts in the files. However, I’d like to get some more detail so I can be sure, and help narrow down the problem. Are you able to share one of these files, as @eflyguy suggested? If you’d rather not upload it here, you can send it to us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be able to take a look. Thank you!

Hi guys, I think I got it figured out. The image was being saved as a PNG, but it still was having a crazy amount of artifacts. I was able to download an app that converted it to a SVG and it seems to have cleared up the issue

Thank you so much for updating us! I’m glad to hear that you were able to narrow down the snag, and complete the print.

I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com if you run into any more trouble in the future. We’re here to help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.