Getting all wound up, using grass to unwind

Um the trail is 6mi long and is a full road-wide… This battery operated trimmer is slightly louder than a desktop fan… And I’m not hauling that stuff back (I mulch it in place with the tractor mower). I mean hauling weeds back several miles over hills sounds brutal. Plus mixed in on this stuff is poison ivy (good for goats, but not the rest of us!) and stinging nettles, plus other toxic things the goats shouldn’t eat… Considering it cost 2 Glowforge pros to save them the last time, not going to repeat that exercise…

4 Likes

Note that is the top of a hill (around the rock where my wife above is given them treats) and I’ve discovered the weeds don’t grow as tall on the tops of hills, on the sloped they get shoulder high…

3 Likes

Considering your shop and abilities you could build what I really need and can’t find. Why someone has not mixed a power chair, a radio-controlled toy truck, and a hedge trimmer to make a self-powered radio-controlled lawnmower I do not know but all the supposed robot lawnmowers just bounce around inside an “invisible fence” with less sense than your goats rather than a regular cut path like a good robot,

1 Like

I remember about them getting into the azaleas (and the cost involved) but not the rest of the story. As @jamesdhatch stated, I enjoy the stories as much as the photos.

I vaguely remember hearing that you can’t use land from goats for other animals. Is that true and why?

1 Like

Probably like locusts there is nothing left for anybody else? plus you have a large group of enthusiastic morons with sharp horns running around? But actually for The WHO barber pole worm program you actually are supposed to have horses share the paddock with the goats (it kills the worms on the grass). I general they are the horse’s little friends and certainly can share the land. The biggest thing is goats generally don’t graze (they eat bushes/trees) so you need mixed landscape.

4 Likes

what about carbon fiber (same stuff they use in 3d printers) its a combination of nylon and carbon fiber that should stand up better to the grass

Aha! I knew there had to be a reason why we need a horse on our new property! :slight_smile: We already have two goats, just haven’t had a chance to relocate them from my brother’s place to ours, with all the remote working, maternal hip-breaking, etc.

1 Like

Our goats had the barber pole worm, and it wasn’t fun treating them. But the horses kept them from getting reinfected. Plus the horses find the goats endlessly amusing

3 Likes

So sorry to hear of your mom’s misery.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.