Getting Started - Learn by Doing section

I’m walking through the set-up process and am in the “learn by doing” section where it walks you through your first cut, and cutting the “Gift of Good Measure” key chain.

In the instructions, it tells you to sign into https://app.glowforge.com, then hover over “Gift of Good Measure Key Chain.”

When I’m logged in, I land on the attached page, and there is no “Gift of Good Measure Key Chain” image to hover over and select??

Am I in the wrong place?

You should only see this:

if you haven’t attached the :glowforge: to your WiFi, once it’s connected you should see:

See how on the upper right you just show your name - mine shows the name of my Forge and then my username…

So - I think you need to click on “Begin Setup” and get your Forge connected!

3 Likes

Hello,

I’m so sorry you’re having trouble getting set up.

Could you please try the following steps?

1. Power Up: Turn your Glowforge off. Then turn on your Glowforge and wait until all motion has stopped for 30 seconds.
  2. Start Wi-Fi Setup: Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color.
  3. Sign In: Using a Wi-Fi device like your laptop or tablet, go to setup.glowforge.com and sign in.
  4. Connect Your Glowforge to Wi-Fi: Follow the instructions at setup.glowforge.com to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi. If you run into trouble along the way, let us know what happened right before the issue arose.

It may help to take a look at our Wi-Fi troubleshooter as well. If you run into any other trouble, please let us know.

1 Like

Thanks for the information!

I will try this - I bet that’s the issue as I don’t think it was fully functioning on wi-fi yet when I tried it.

Once I get back to my studio I will try again. (I figured I’d better take a break now before everything is fully working to eat and sleep, before tomorrow hits and I don’t want to do anything but play!) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help! I got it figured out and was able to cut my first item. YAY!!!

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!