Getting started

I have turned on my Glowforge but would like to import a graphic to do my first print on hardwood but I do not see that option coming up on the App. How do i do that

1 Like

The Glowforge team recommends working through your first prints by following along with the examples shown here to learn where everything is:

They have also recently added instructions with video on using the Manual settings here:
Working with Manual Settings

And there are methods for Enhancing your Photo Engraves and Cutting Out a Shape as well.

(You can click on the topic headers in the left-hand column for even more information.)

That particular page is also handy if you have any problems to Troubleshoot and you can always access it by clicking on the Support button in the app.

Once you have run through the sample prints, some of the customers have put together some handy Tips sheets and a lot of tutorials in the Tips and Tricks section of the forum.

Some good ones to start with:

Have fun! :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

How did you do on your first prints? Did you ever get to upload any artwork? Two places, one in the main design folder space using the upload button on the upper left and the other in the operations space by clicking on the add artwork. You get to the operations space by simply clicking on a preloaded design.

Thanks @Jules – that’s a fantastic list!

@shalae, for a very specific answer to your question:

1. Go to https://app.glowforge.com and sign in.
  2. Click the “Upload” button and choose your file.

If you have more questions or run into any trouble, please open a new thread.