Getting Together! Glowforge 3-day event in California (not a sponsored event)

We are getting together in person! March 3-7. If you’re like me you have experienced what a generous and helpful community you get with your Glowforge online groups but nothing beats a true dialogue and conversation that organically goes back and forth. What started out as an idea and a quick post on FB groups has turned into a full fledged conference of sorts. Great presenters from across the US, freebies, painting workshops, an experts panel… its going to be awesome! I would love for you to join us. Disclaimer: We wanted to make this a totally free event but there are some costs to put it on so it is $20 per day you attend. Yea! LOTS of details on the FB event page.
https://fb.me/e/2k8DRT2m7

9 Likes

So excited, this event is going to be so much fun! Looking forward to soaking in all kinds of good knowledge and meeting like minded people. Hope to see you there :grin:

2 Likes

I’ll be there talking about Inkscape with a Q&A session where you can ask all of those questions you’ve been wondering about.

2 Likes

I am attending this event and can not wait to dive in to all thing good with the Glowforge.

2 Likes

Have you considered streaming it?

5 Likes

Yes but I don’t think it’s feasible. We are all volunteering our time to put this on and no one has volunteered to manage that. Truthfully, the biggest value of this is the conversations that will happen outside of the presentations. Conversation moves you forward SO much faster than one way communication. With that said, I can see if anyone is a good “live streamer” and wants to volunteer to do that. smiley:

2 Likes

Ohh. I’m from MA, but will be in CA that week. We’ll be in LA by then (we leave Anaheim that morning) and I’m not sure I can ditch my family to head back, but I’ll see if I can figure it out for the first night. Looks like fun… kudos to you - event planning around something like this is a lot of work!

3 Likes

Christy, I hope you can, that would be great. Also we have a pretty great hotel rate right across the street from Disneyland. Take a look at the event page for more info. I’m happy to help any way I can. :smiley:

1 Like

Hope it goes well. Flights and car alone would be close to $1000 for me, otherwise I’d love to be there.

In my former industry, the most valuable time was socializing outside of “training”…

2 Likes

There are 4 airports that are within an hour or less. Check around - SNA, LGB, ONT and LAX. You won’t need a car. There is a TON to do within walking distance of the hotel. I don’t know where you’re coming from but when I’ve looked from a lot of other east coast locations tickets have been under $300. You can do it! :smiley:

1 Like

2022-03-03T08:00:00Z The event starts Thursday night for a meet and greet but the meat of it will be Fri-Sun with presenters talking on multiple subjects through all 3 days.

2 Likes

Interesting. Only a couple miles from my house. I may stop by. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Location is all wrong for me but I truly hope you have a big success.

Hey there. We are filling up fast. Love for you to come but please sign up. Reach out if you have any questions or input 949-233-4749 - Jill

Hey Mark, If you are in the US flights are pretty cheap right now. Just take a look. You have LAX, LGB, SNA and ONT. Love for you to come! You should take a look at the event page. We have some awesome presenters. More will be posted this week as I get their graphics done.

Kathy Shoaf is coming!

Current #s:
46 signed up
17 of 25 rooms reserved
7 confirmed presenters

danshapiro.comGlowforge HQ, Seattle, WA You should come!

Anyone with a cell phone could Livestream or bring in folks via Zoom or similar via laptop.

This is true. If I go, I’ll livestream it. Though I won’t be carrying my laptop around.