GF basic sounds rough

Okay, yeah that has bounced out of square pretty badly. You can’t print with it like that.

There is a method for squaring up the gantry discussed at the link below…you can try that out while you are waiting to hear from Support .

2 Likes

Hi @budsysmith. Thank you for getting back to us with the requested belt tension checks. @Jules is right on target with the link to help square the laser arm as a next step. Can you let me know if you run into any trouble with the steps in the support page?

Also, because the belts that help the laser arm move up and down the print bed have been checked, I’d like to get a better look at the wheels of the laser arm. With your Glowforge turned off, crumb tray removed, and laser arm pushed all the way back, can you take photos of the wheels on both sides using the photo below as reference?

Thank you!

1 Like

Good photos! The only thing I can see that might be an issue is this pin on the right side…it should be bent up, and not extended. (That might just be debris on the bed, but if you can try to get a shot from a slightly different angle it might help.)

That isn’t in any other pics. Something created by camera.

Okee doke. :slightly_smiling_face:

Haven’t tried the squaring because I’m gonna have to buy one for myself. Can’t find anything in my husband’s mess. I dont see how that will help though. If it’s not level, it wouldn’t be crooked enough to cause the loud rough sound it does when moving forward. When it homes, the right side goes closer to the back like it should but the left side of the arm isn’t as far back.

Hi @budsysmith. Thank you for getting back with the requested photos and follow up information. Because this issue is still occurring, I’d like to go ahead and move this to email as a next step to help resolve this. I just sent you an email. Can you check you inbox and reply to that to confirm it has been received? I’ll leave this thread open just in case you do not receive my email. Thank you!

Hi @budsysmith. I just received your response to my email, and will go ahead and close this thread so we can continue working on this through there. Thank you!