Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear you Glowforge is having power trouble. I’d like to have you check a few things for me.
Your Glowforge should be plugged directly into a grounded wall outlet that meets local building codes. If you haven’t already, please do the following:
- Unplug your Glowforge from the wall
- Plug another device directly into the same outlet and see if it works
- If the device does not work, have an electrician investigate. It may be a blown fuse, a broken outlet, or something else
- If the outlet works, unplug the other end of the cord from the Glowforge unit itself
- Inspect both ends of the power cord; if you notice any damage, try another power cord
- Plug in the end of the power cord that goes to the Glowforge, making sure it is inserted all the way in
- Plug the other end of the power cord into the outlet, making sure it is inserted all the way in
- If your Glowforge still won’t power on, try another outlet
Please let me know what you find and I’ll follow up with next steps. Thank you!