GF was on centering, suddenly heard a noise like a fuse, the electrical protection of the house jump and now GF isn’t able to turn on again. Looks like the tube is fine (visual inspection) and the rails too, no stucked.
The power cord has been changed and nothing.
It’s a GF Basic
If you’re sure the outlet is still providing power, then it’s likely the power supply has failed, and the machine will need to be repaired.
Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear you Glowforge is having power trouble. I’d like to have you check a few things for me.
Your Glowforge should be plugged directly into a grounded wall outlet that meets local building codes. If you haven’t already, please do the following:
- Unplug your Glowforge from the wall
- Plug another device directly into the same outlet and see if it works
- If the device does not work, have an electrician investigate. It may be a blown fuse, a broken outlet, or something else
- If the outlet works, unplug the other end of the cord from the Glowforge unit itself
- Inspect both ends of the power cord; if you notice any damage, try another power cord
- Plug in the end of the power cord that goes to the Glowforge, making sure it is inserted all the way in
- Plug the other end of the power cord into the outlet, making sure it is inserted all the way in
- If your Glowforge still won’t power on, try another outlet
Please let me know what you find and I’ll follow up with next steps. Thank you!
All of that steps has been checked and still don´t turn on.
Is it possible to get a power supply as spare parts?
Hello @vanitaperal - I’m sorry to hear you’re still having trouble. Unfortunately the power supply is not a part we’re currently able to replace in the field.
In order to get you moving back towards a working printer I’ve reached out to you via email so I can collect some additional information. Please keep an eye out, that email should already be on its way! I’m going to go ahead and keep this topic open for a little longer just so we can make sure the email gets to you.