GF Forum Censorship

I’ve participated in many discussion forums on a variety of topics over the years and seen far too many of them devolve into a cesspool of trolling and negativity. If you have a legit beef, and start a new thread to ask the tough questions to hold people accountable in a civil and constructive way, that’s great. If your post’s have no other purpose but to troll other members or bitchmoangroan about how you’ve been slighted, how you’re entitled to be angry or insult a fellow member, then I’ll applaud when your post/content is flagged and removed. I’m not implying that anyone in this tread posted/trolled something that deserved to be removed but, I do question what value a Trump meme adds to a discussion forum about making things with lasers. It’s easy to confuse something meant in jest as sour-grapes/trolling when you lack the ability to communicate face to face and have to interpret intention from what’s presented on a computer screen.

6 Likes

The video in and of itself I do not think flag-worthy.

However, adding it to someone’s sharing of what they have done with their shiny new :glowforge: is highly negative and I fully support it being flagged.

Context matters.

Making a new post saying something like, “I’m sick of seeing all you happy-posting when I can’t join in yet,” lets you express your feelings. I would completely support your right to do that. Sharing how you’re feeling in a respectful way is completely within the charter and community expectations of this forum.

Back to the video…I find the scene it portrays, and the relationship one might infer from it, to be disgusting. But then so much that Trump does disgusts me. But whether I would flag it entirely depends on context.

2 Likes