GF is always OFFLINE now

Had a power failure here, had all IP addresses that were whitelisted erased. IT got everything back up and running EXCEPT the GF.

GF if “offline” and wont change. I went back through the setup and no dice. I even bypassed all IT, used my phone’s hotspot to hook up and it STILL reads as offline.

Any idea?

Just a thought… Do you have multiple GlowForge machines attached to your account? I have two because my old one isn’t removed yet (ha) and if I ever have an OFFLINE issue it’s because I have the wrong machine selected.

It’s just a thought. I’m probably way off base.

If you’ve succesfully completed wifi setup, and it still shows offline, then your machine is broken and will need to be sent in for repair.

This is highly unlikely coincidence, so I suggest you go thru the process again and make sure it completes.

It was working fine before the power failure, and it wasnt on when the power failure happened.

The IT here are VERY tight with permissions and firewall. Hope we can get it up and going.

Are you in a business setting? Have them create a 2.4 GHz channel just for the GF and run your setup on it.

Hi @mrodriquenz

I extracted logs from your Glowforge and it looks like you have been able to connect to our servers since posting.

Are you still having issues with seeing the Glowforge as offline?

Yes…it doesnt respond at all.

i just went through the setup AGAIN, and it puts out the wireless signal ok, it syncs up to my laptop ok, it hooks into the school WIFI ok, but it NEVER says that it’s ONLINE afterwards. Ive tried using my phone’s wifi signal in case it was the school’s firewall, still no dice.

There was a power failure here one night that caused the wifi to reset, and anything not on the whitelist for IP’s was blocked…but it should still work with my phone’s hotspot;

Also, i received a new carriage due to a plastic wheel breaking. I replaced it with the new part i was sent from GF, but i wont know if it works until i can get it online.

Then as I stated above, it’s likely going to need to be sent in for repair.

They might ask you to retrieve the logs locally (while connected to the GF’s setup wifi) and see if there’s info there as to why it can’t connect via your regular wifi. They’ll provide instructions if that’s a viable option.

There is no good reason a power outage would damage the machine. Mine is connected via an extension cord and I turn it off by simply pulling the plug out of the wall receptacle - for three years now.

Nope. No need to send it back. GF fixed it remotely.

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! Thank you everyone for your advice. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!