GF is not uploading full svg file

I bought a 5 layer mandela file and uploaded it to GF…only 4 layers come up and 2 are duplicates of each other. Took the same svg file and opened it up on inkscape and all 5 different layers are there. Saved file in inkscape and then tried to upload to GF and same 4 layers come up. Never had this happen before. What am I doing wrong or is something up with the GF system?

The GFUI deals with normal vectors and rasters. Sometimes what looks like a line is something else. If you go into Inkscape, ungroup everything, and use object to path in the path pulldown on each “line” it should work unless there is something kinkier than normal, you might want to hide or delete surplus lines.

The GF UI does not recognize layers or groupings.

If everything is there when you open in Inkscape, simply save each layer as an individual file, then upload them individually. If you want them in one GF project, just use the “Add Artwork” option to add each of them in the Workspace.

1 Like

GF ignores layers and groups from design software. It separates steps by line/stroke color. If you set each of your Inkscape layers to a distinct, different color from each other you should see all them show up as steps.

There’s some great advice already provided here. It’s true that the Glowforge app doesn’t translate layers and groups set by design software. If you’re still running into trouble with this file, I’m afraid I’ll need to see the file itself in order to understand what exactly is happening. Since this is a file you purchased, you may not be able to share it here on the forum, but if the advice above still doesn’t help, could you please send us the file at support@glowforge.com and reference this thread? We’ll be glad to take a closer look.

It’s been a few days since we’ve heard from you. Would you let us know if you’re still experiencing trouble?

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.