GF loses umph

If I’m cutting a square my GF starts out strong for the first 3 sides. Then on the last cut it seems to lose power and get dim in the home stretch. Anyone ever hear of this?

Support will ask you to print the gift of good measure, and provide pics of the result.

They can make recommendations based on what the pics show.

2 Likes

Depending on what it is you are cutting it can take only a tiny bit of smoke to fasten itself to a window in the path of the beam to get the effect you are describing. This is rather a large bit that lowered the power quite a lot…

1/10th that size and less would be quite noticeable.

1 Like

When you say it “gets dim” are you talking about the glow in the tube? Or is it actually cutting differently?

1 Like

The little fire the meets the woods gets dim and it doesn’t cut.

2 Likes

Reiterating what @eflyguy said, print the GOGM and upload the results here. It will save you time in the long run. Support will definitely need to see what you are talking about to help you out.

2 Likes

I will be able to get on my GF really soon Thank you. :blush::heart:

Notice how the laser brightness changes drastically on the last two sides. GF cutting problem

I did the GOGM test and although it cut through I still got the brightness dimming depending on what side it cut. GOGM test

Another test that you can see how it’s bright for 2 sides then goes dim for the rest. GF cutting problem

Support needs pictures of the result.

Oh. I thought the looked at my logs or something. It was at 1:11 but here’s a picture.

Video.mov (1.98 MB)

They do look at logs, but they need to see results as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.