GF made this much easier

I just finished a -reject where the GF was a big help in a small way. I made 2 gun racks/displays for this guy with some antique rifles. I wanted something for the gun holders that would be secure and look good, all out of mesquite. So I used my GF to cut out templates, which I mounted to my wood, rough cut with a band saw, and then used a pattern router bit to finish them off. Here they are, the templates and gun hooks, then mounted on a board.

37 Likes

Oh Lord, I can’t let my husband see that! He’ll have them all over the walls with the fish.
(He is limited to doing his decorating in the garage and the man-cave though.) :smile:

10 Likes

Oh my goodness this is AWESOME. I love the curve of the wood.

Also love the rifles!!!

I have an idea. Make a wood engraved nameplate with the description of the rifle.

6 Likes

Trigger gun rack video in my brain:

Can you show your process? This is cool and I have no router experience.

6 Likes

I might be doing that. Have to see if they want wood or brass engrave.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a try. Keep a look out

3 Likes

Awesome job on that man. I’m sure the customer will be well pleased.
From my ignorance of antique firearms, I’ll guess a Hawking and Winchester.

5 Likes

Thanks. You know, I couldn’t say. But that long barreled black powder weighs a ton! Can’t imagine them having any accuracy (especially if there’s no rifling) while holding it in an unsupported position.

5 Likes

I know right? It was probably the epitome - when you had nothing superior to compare it to.
Percussion cap, long barrel for “accuracy”.

6 Likes

Wow, these are incredible. I love the natural shape of the boards, which complements the rifles perfectly. Well done!

4 Likes

Those boards are gorgeous! The hooks do their jobs w/out overwhelming the other elements. Very nice design.

4 Likes

The curved boards really enhance the look of the guns.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone!

6 Likes

This looks awesome. Can’t let my husband see this. He’ll want to display all his guns…next to the 1,000 deer/turkey/pheasant/fish, etc. in our livingroom (okay 1,000 is a bit of an exaggeration).

4 Likes

What a special display piece for him! I am sure he loved it!

1 Like

He will tomorrow when we deliver and install it

Please. They’re good at such extreme range of 100-150’ with well adjusted sights!

Why the saying is “wait in till you can see the whites of their eyes.”

Dad put a kit together decades ago. Still uses it from time to time but hangs on the living room wall otherwise.

1 Like