GF not connecting to personal wifi

I just received my Basic Glowforge last week and haven’t been able to connect it to my personal WiFi. I’ve tried restarting everything, creating a hotspot, changing security settings and passwords…nothing is working. The GF turns on and connects to my computer. It’s located almost directly next to my router. The router is 2.4GHz.

EDIT: I can connect to the Glowforge Wifi on my computer, and my WiFi network comes up on the list of networks, but then I get the “Your Glowforge didn’t connect to Wi-Fi” message.

I am not sure what you mean when you say it connects to your computer. Can you share a screenshot of the setup point where you are getting stuck?

I can connect to the Glowforge Wifi on my computer, and my WiFi network comes up on the list of networks, but then I get the “Your Glowforge didn’t connect to Wi-Fi” message.

Try using your phone as a hotspot, and connect the GF to that.

That will help determine if the issue is with your regular wifi, or the machine.

I tried that as well, it doesn’t work.

I’m so sorry for the challenging start. I see you already emailed us about this. I just followed up with you there, so I’m going to close this topic.