GF Not Cutting, Pause button not working

GF will start, cut one small line and then stop cutting. The machine continues in the motion of the file but does not cut. Also, the pause button is not working. I’ve had to shut it down 3 times now.

I suggest you insert a piece of Proofgrade draftboard and cut/engrave the Gift of Good Measure. If it does not cut, score and engrave properly, post pictures and the time/day of the print. Support will need to see this to start assessing your problem. If the Gift of Good Measure prints properly, there is something going on with your file.

Thanks. I moved some stuff around on the file and cut 2 words at a time - it seemed to work that way. It may not have liked something from the file? Still not sure why it won’t pause when I hit the button.

I tend to fill up the 12x20 space because I don’t like to waste the wood. I almost want to say “copying and pasting” an image within that space is the problem.

@jyeger I’m so sorry you ran into trouble. It looks like you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

Could you please send us a video of what happens when you try to pause a print?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.