GF Not cutting!

Im making drink tags but my glow forge did not cut through the acrylic. I cleaned it, turned it off to reboot and it’s stuck in centering mode. help!!!

I got stuck on centering this morning as well and there are several people in a GF Facebook group I’m in reporting the same thing. I wonder if something is going on with the app?

This is the link to check on status; https://statuspage.glowforge.com/

3 Likes

ohh wow thank you. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Thank you I will check this out.

We’re all stuck while GF have issues again, as they refuse to make it work offline…

I’ve been cutting and engraving with no issues all week. All of a sudden this afternoon, the GF will NOT cut anything. It will engrave just fine, but it will not cut through wood or acrylic (the two materials I’m using at the moment).
I am using this to print about 100 student projects before Christmas break, so if this is a GF software or app issue, I hope it gets fixed soon.
I would appreciate any advice, if there is something I can do to fix this.
Thank you.

Welcome to the community. From the sounds of it, it’s not a software / app issue. Print the Gift of Good Measure file, photograph your results and note the time. If it prints as it should, that will eliminate a problem with your machine and will suggest that it’s a file or material issue. If it fails to print properly, send your photos and documentation to support@glowforge.com.

Also…make sure all your optics are clean.

2 Likes

It will never be able to work offline. so it isn’t about refusing to. it is about the hardware won’t do it.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your response and advice. I tried your suggestions and it still isn’t cutting through. I was finally able to get through to someone in Tech Support yesterday. I’m sending them some pics to see if they can help figure it out.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.