GF “popped” and now won’t turn on

In the middle of a cut my machine made a loud “pop” and simultaneously turned off. It will not turn back on. I unplugged and turned the switch to “off.” I checked my breaker box and none had been flipped. I waited a few plugged back in and flipped to “on.” Machine is not getting any power, but my outlet is working. I waited about an hour or so and did the same thing. Still no power. Someone mentioned in a Facebook GF group it could be the internal breaker? Is this fixable or will it have to be shipped in for repair? HELP please!

1 Like

Since you’ve checked everything that you did, it sounds like it could be a failure of the power supply in the GF…which I believe ususally results in having to return your machine. However, I’m merely another owner, so support will be able to give you the best and most correct answers. Best of luck.

4 Likes

Welcome!! Do you have another power cord you can try? I understand they are universal. Might be worth a try but support will be along. Hope it’s an easy fix. Welcome to the community!!!

1 Like

Sounds a little like my problem:

Hope your machine can be repaired under $2000 (incl shipping)

Thank you for all of the details @amber.keathley. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.