GF+ QUIT cutting after 3 test projects

GF officially set up & running, or NOT.:frowning: Attached is a pic of the very first three test cuts from top to bottom that I made on GF proofgrade. I ran everything at factory settings. (#1, 2, 4 directly from Glowforge library)

1. Gift of good measure
  2. Puzzle
  3. *random block letter
  4. Pendant was supposed to cut around outside & half circle but didnā€™t. I also tried another ā€œgift of good measureā€ & it engraved but didnā€™t cut.

**For a CUT, itā€™s not cutting 1/4 of the way through the 1/8" wood. Itā€™s like the laser has no power. Has anyone experienced this? Suggestions? (Lenses were cleaned AFTER it quit cutting. ).

Check to make sure you didnā€™t get the lens in upside down after cleaning. The cut lines on the two unsuccessful cuts look way out of focus. Thereā€™s a little arrow on the side that points up to show you which way it goes in. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @geek2nurse. I failed to mention that the lenses were not removed and cleaned until AFTER it stopped cutting. They are in correctly.

1 Like

Did you use the honeycomb pins to hold down your board? Wondering if your board is bowed versus flat since the problem areas are more towards the middle. I can find the link to the pins if you donā€™t know what they are.

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and weā€™re working on it there, so Iā€™m going to close this topic.