GF Received w/ Broken Hinge

Like many others here, I have received my GF with the glass unattached to the hinge and the front door.

After waiting over 2 years for this, I’m very disappointed that this is my first experience with my GF unit. Can I just glue it back together, or am I going to have to wait another 2 years for a replacement?

1 Like

Yes, you will likely need to wait for a replacement, based on other owners who received units with the same issue.

The good news is, it won’t be two years.

3 Likes

They are rather good at sending replacements out within a week or so.

5 Likes

I think the alignment of that door with it’s relationship with the camera requires it is calibrated when assembled.

Surely this isn’t your first experience with shipping damage, can’t blame glowforge that their carefully built and calibrated beautiful machine was abused by shipping gorillas.
The company is really great at getting replacements out quick. Read a bit further in the forum for several examples.

3 Likes

It doesn’t appear to be shipping damage, but poor adhesive/adhesion between the glass and the plastic door.

1 Like

There were a few of those issues during the very cold weather. In those conditions adhesives can become brittle. Out of the thousands of units shipped, I can count on one hand with fingers left over of those incidents.

Of course since humans are involved it’s always possible, but from the large number of shipping damages we have seen from shattered glass to a huge crack in the case, mishandling to me sticks out as the most likely.

1 Like

Took them 10 days to get me another sent to Virginia Beach Va.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge arrived damaged.

I see you already emailed us about this and I’ve followed up there, so I’m going to close this topic.