GF stops in middle of print job, lights stay on, clock keeps running

My GF stops in the middle of jobs at the same exact point in multiple files. If I delete those objects in the print window, it will stop suddenly at a different point. Restarting that print job will stop at the same point.

The laser head stops moving, laser turns off, but fans and lights stay bright as in print mode. The timer in the browser keeps ticking until the end of the job and doesn’t indicate a problem. No orange light.

Checked intake/outtake - no blockage, intake/outtake fans are running, temperature is room temp, printhead fan is running, carriage fan is running, when GF is off, print head and laser carriage move freely.

I recently replaced the black lid/camera cable and that cleared up that problem, but this is new.

Thanks!

That’s…weird. I’m thinking this’ll be one where you need to wait for a staff member to chime in…likely tomorrow morning as it’s late here.

Dont know if this will help much, but ive been fighting with the same problem you’re having for over a year now. Went through the support process a couple times on it, and didn’t get an answer other than there is an issue with the “electronics” in my unit and cant afford to send it in to get it repaired. Did a ton of tests and found out that for some reason, at least for me, “full power” had a major role in mine freezing mid print. Anything below full power has a much lower chance of freezing up, so i just dont do anything at full anymore. Still have it happen every so often, but not enough to spent the money to get it repaired. Hope this helps or that you get good news and it’s something simple.

2 Likes

Thanks

Hello @brianshannon13,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I apologize for the delay in getting a response to you. After reviewing the logs from your Glowforge, it looks as though your unit is having an issue with its power supply working consistently. Sadly this is not an issue that can be solved remotely, and your unit will need a repair.

I’m going to send you a separate email that will provide more detail on how we can get this resolved for you. You should receive my email in a few minutes, but if you don’t receive it in the next 30 minutes please check your spam / junk mail folder. Once I know you’ve received my email, I’ll close this thread.

1 Like

Hi Morgan I haven’t got that email yet. Not in spam

Hi @brianshannon13, I’m sorry that you didn’t receive my original email. I’ve just sent the email again. Please let me know if you still don’t receive it.

Hello @brianshannon13, I resent the email to you on Friday. Did you receive it?

Yes I did - Thanks!

HI @brianshannon13! Thank you for getting back and letting us know you received the email. I’ll go ahead and close this thread so we can continue any communications through email.