GF Stuck on Centering ~ 1 hour now

Like several others, I too am having an issue with the Glowforge stuck on centering. Problem began approximately 45-60 minutes ago.

I’m located in TX/US and have attempted turn off/on, reset machine and disconnect/reconnect WiFi to no avail.

2 Likes

same thing here. I even went as far as to kick all the other devices off my network thinking they were maybe using too much bandwidth.

Gulfport, MS

3 Likes

Same here! In Central California. Turned on and off, unplugged, reset WIFI. …

3 Likes

Glad to hear I wasn’t the only one doing that. Rebooted my router also…wish Glowforge would mention something like they know there is a problem and are working on it.

3 Likes

Same here in Nebraska. Looks like another Glowforge Server issue. It would be nice if they would make announcements when they are having server issues so we knew…

3 Likes

Having the same problem in Michigan. I have a show on Saturday and need to finish up!!!

1 Like

Im having the same problem :unamused:

There is a status page:

So far, though, it isn’t showing any reported issues. Hopefully, they’ll see all of these posts soon.

1 Like

Same issues. Same steps taken. Still homing/centering. Obviously there is a problem that they are not yet recognizing. :roll_eyes: :rage:

Same issue in Ohio, Ugh.

I’ve never been so happy to be in a group of people so miserable. I mean, it’s good to know it’s not my machine. I was >< this close to tears. I guess I’ll go do other stuff and hope it resolves. BTW, Houston TX area, if we’re mapping things.

2 Likes

Mine too

Right there with you :smile: I was thankfully on my last order of the day when it went kaput. About to go enjoy lunch and take a few deep breaths!

Same here in KY… Was about to cry!!

Update:

2 Likes

Status page is now showing they’re aware of and have identified the problem.

Hopefully, it’s a quick fix.

Lol beat me to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

And this is why the software for this laser should never have been cloud based. And don’t give me that nonsense of “oh but its great that it’s cloud based because then they can constantly improve it and update it”. Same can be done with regular non-cloud based software. There is absolutely no reason to make the Glowforge software cloud based other than for the company to be able to control us and make changes after the sale.

I love everything about this machine but the cloud based software is such a PITA and completely unnecessary! /endrant

1 Like

Back up and running at 1:06pm MDT