I have been having trouble with my Glowforge since last Thursday the 10th. My Glowforge Basic has been stuck on centering, and will not move the head or complete the centering process. Initially I was able to cycle power and occasionally get it to work, but the situation has deteriorated and I have been unable to use my machine at all since Monday.
I requested Glowforge support through email on Thursday and have received no response, except for the automated responses. I have sent pictures as the automated emails requested.
I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps that I have been able to find in the support forums, etc., including the following:
- resetting the router, as well as resetting the wifi on my computer and the glowforge.
- connecting my computer and the GF to a different router and internet service provider (hotspot on my phone)
- cleaned all of the lenses and mirrors, as well as the top of the lens cover with the glowforge logo
- removed the carriage, checked the wheel motion, and cleaned the fans (dry compressed air)
- checked and cleaned the hinge tabs for the connectors on the black cable, and the lid connectors
- checked, cleaned dry compressed air), and reconnected the connectors on the PCB by the rear fan.
- Cleared the cache on the browser
- centered head underneath the lid camera before powering on
- powered on the GF with the lid open, and left open for an hour to allow any software updates to occur without causing any conflict between the centering and the software updates
- powered on and tried centering with no light in the room other than the leds on the GF lid
All of these steps have been done multiple times (some of the dozens of times) and none of these have worked. I am getting a little desperate as I still have Christmas orders to finish, and I was planning to use my GF to make some of my gifts for the holidays. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!