Gf ui or illustrator editing

I made a random video today showing gf ui editing and it’s limitations vs Illustrator editing and what can be done differently with this one example. I’m sure there are plenty of other comparisons just some random video idea I thought to make to show expectations vs reality lol.

Hopefully you find something useful from it. Just figured I’d share it if it does.

7 Likes

The GFUI was never supposed to be all-encompassing. Just a shortcut for the easy stuff. There is some cool stuff for premium, but even that is not about the sort of things in Inkscape, etc. You can turn lines into fancy shapes but you can’t edit the nodes for example, which is common to almost any tool like Inkscape.

3 Likes

For sure, it was more about showing that to newer members who might have different expectations to show what you can or can’t do in it.

1 Like

Managing expectations is important as Gfui, Gfui premium, Gimp, and Inkscape are four very different kinds of things. There are several vector programs like Inkscape, and the whole range of cad programs and Blender like programs, and Gimpish raster programs, as well as special case programs like Irfanview and more one trick ponies than can be counted that you could do a several hour YouTube and only get the highlights.

2 Likes

For sure! Happy cake day btw.

2 Likes

Birthday actually but Thank you. I am now of the age where half the folks in the country died before reaching, including most forefathers, uncles, and parents, though some of the women reached their 90s.

3 Likes

Happy birthday :birthday:.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Happy birthday then. Lol. I never understood the two icons until now.

2 Likes

Sorry I missed your birthday! Happy Birthday!

1 Like

Thank you!

bad joke

It is amazing how folks go on about the fun time of a second childhood but never mention the trouble walking or the diapers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.