GF will not cut through. Even on PG materisl

I am not a Glowforge staff member, just another owner on the forum. I’m sorry if that was unclear.

Just want to clear this up for anyone who reads this post and doesn’t understand the real scenario around the warranty.

GF warranties PG material with the appropriate PG settings to cut properly or it will be replaced. They also warranty the machine if it is damaged by using PG material that fails (e.g. catches fire and ruins your machine). They will also provide support for issues with PG material through the support channels (forum or emails).

What they do not do is warranty the performance of non-PG materials. That does not mean non-PG materials cannot be used, just that GF can’t guarantee they’ll always work as users intend. This is because non-PG materials are not manufactured under GF control or to GF standards. They have no way of telling for instance if there is a big void or a pocket of bondo in the middle layer of a piece of 3rd party plywood.

They also will not warranty the machine from damage caused by non-PG material. Again, this is due to the unknown manufacturing process & standards of non-PG material. However, it does not void your machine warranty if non-PG material is used. Just if that material causes the issue. For instance, a cracked v-groove wheel causing belt slipping will be replaced without regard to the material used in the machine. However, a burned head damaged from a fire due to non-PG acrylic catching fire will not be since the material was not made by or for GF and its appropriate cutting speeds & power are the user’s to determine.

Non-PG material issues (e.g. can’t get a good engrave on slate coasters) aren’t supported by GF Support because the material is not something they manufacture, sell or control. However, that doesn’t mean there isn’t any support for that. The forum has many members who will and do help with questions like that. Based on the projects shown and the posts in the forum, it would be a good bet that most GF use is with non-PG materials - without issue.

Saying there is no support for non-PG materials is not correct.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry! Yes I did not realize that!! I’m just super frustrated right now. My apologies

Erica Gomez

No apology necessary. I understand your frustration.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.