GF will not stay powered on

I have had my GF Pro for a little over a year and I use it maybe 1x a week (just haven’t had the time). I used it last week to cut a few small pieces and everything worked as it should. I went to power it on last night and the lights come on and it sounds like it is powering up and then it shuts down. This happens in about 1-2 seconds of powering on. I checked the interlock and it seems good, I have unplugged, checked the power etc. Any suggestions? I am attaching a short video of what it is doing.https://sjc1.discourse-cdn.com/business5/uploads/glowforge/original/3X/3/1/3160449ecbf22ad1fff5bd23f8ee9237f3a3b927.MOV

1 Like

Hi,
downloaded the file, but it was just black (but could also be where I’m at wifi…).

Do you mean by shutting down that it goes into “OFFLINE” mode?
This can happen often if there is any interference with your wifi–resetting the router sometimes helps, as does changing the channel for the GF in the router settings. There are lots of other threads about “Offline” and other potential solutions when it happens…

It is offline as well. I cannot even get to that point because the machine will not stay powered on for longer that 3 seconds. So I cannot even establish a connection. Unless I am not understanding what I am doing. That is always a possibility.

Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that.

Just to confirm, when you say you’ve checked the power, do you mean you tried another outlet?

Or plugged something else into that outlet (like a lamp) to confirm the outlet works?

I have tried both.

I have tried both.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

closed #8