GF Withdrawals 🤒

I just packed up my GF this afternoon and just realized the i’m having withdrawal and anxiety pains. What did the rest of you do to cope with the pains until your replacement arrived… I think I may need therapy until Wednesday…

12 Likes

Booo… I guess you could read every post here in the forum and see if you can run out of likes? Hope the new 'forge arrives soon!

4 Likes

That’s what i’m doing reading alot but it’s seems to be creating more. i read so many things i want to try. It will be here Wednesday via Mr. UPS but soon enough i have all weekend to go through…:worried:

2 Likes

Yeah, no good. I suppose doing design work won’t cheer you up either. I have no good advice. I’m supposed to be working (hah), so I’ve got a self-imposed ban on my new GF til my work gets done. All that’s happening is that I’m day dreaming of lasering and still not doing any work. Sigh.

1 Like

Unplug. Go get inspired outside of this. Go to a museum. Watch a movie. See a concert.

That’s what will inform your next spurt of creativity.

6 Likes

@ChristyM i do that during the day at work too. but at least then i know i can go home and relax with my laser…:rofl:

1 Like

@evansd2 watching a movie might work i have tons of movies i haven’t seen for a while, the other ideas means there will be other people around and i don’t crowds…

1 Like

I work for myself, so if the work doesn’t get done, the day doesn’t end! I was up til 4am last night wrapping up some articles. Not pretty.

2 Likes

I use to work that hard until one day i realized it was not worth my health. Now i start at 8 and quit no later than 5 and never work weekends…

3 Likes

That’s the problem. I’m not working that hard. :slight_smile: I just need to focus and get the work I have to do done. And yet here I am!

1 Like

Ok so i will leave you alone so you can focus and get your work finished at a decent time… Now get back to work…:wink:

1 Like

I will let you know tomorrow…

4 Likes

I went down to do a few final cuts and engraves to finish the big LED project as the farewell to Owen before boxing up and shipping tomorrow. I went to load a design and it kept giving an error. When I looked up to the right for picking the Glowforge, it didn’t have any listed. Crud. Not only did Owen get removed but the other three were gone. No Glowforges listed. I just assumed they had cleaned house. So I boxed Owen up and put him in my car for an office pickup tomorrow.

I came back to the app later on to get a design ready for when I get the new one and all the Glowforges were back, including Owen. It was a weird thing. But I wasn’t going to go through the hassle of setting him back up and getting those few pieces cut. Needed another hour to finish the rest of the forty signs. Arg!

Funny that it says Owen is ready, even though it is boxed up.

And to top it off, with the holiday, I won’t be getting my replacement on Monday. That will be withdrawal. Guess I should finally go to my property and do some woodworking or something. I do have to get the starter on my tractor rebuilt, so that will give me something to do.

4 Likes

Well, you could always bring the forty signs here and finish them up on my machine!

2 Likes

This is exactly why GFs should be sold in Pairs only :slight_smile:

So you always have a spare to prevent Glow Forge Withdrawal Syndrome (GFWS) :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

:frowning: I have to pack mine up this weekend too. I will be sad without it.

3 Likes

It’s like sending your child off to college it’s heartbreaking…:grinning:

1 Like

It’s starting make me nervous how many units are being sent back… right outside of the standard warranty for Basic machines.

3 Likes

Mine was under warranty. I t was a big issue to me but it wouldn’t read the QR Code and was blurry. They said it couldn’t be fixed remotely so they are sending me a another unit… Hopefully it will the codes but if i have to end selecting the material i can do that …

Ah. You’re newer here than I realized! :slight_smile:

1 Like