GFUG (Glowforge User's Group) gatherings

Continuing the discussion from Prototype I want to Forge:

So, I know the end to this is Glowforge Users Group. Gathering in March 2018? A year from when the last of the pre-orders is supposed to go out?

8 Likes

Oh I’m down!!

1 Like

“CO” is for the Colorado group. Y’all will have to organize your own! :smile:

5 Likes

Dangit!!! There’s only one other Glowforger in my province… Looks like my meet ups will be very small…

Ya’ll have fun!!

4 Likes

I’m in Maine if anyone wants to get something going!

3 Likes

Glowforgers in the greater Los Angeles area? :raised_hand:

2 Likes

OOOOOhhhhh. Well, title change then. Maybe more local ones wouldn’t need to wait that long. Anybody have feelings on a larger gathering?

4 Likes

I say meet up in Vegas… Glow-Con or Forge-Con

6 Likes

NEGFUG (New England)?

3 Likes

Maybe we should do Seattle so that maybe some of the glowforge team could pop by?

3 Likes

Since you are in the Boulder area, have you been contacted by those in Fort Collins?

The Glowforge Map has 3 in Fort Collins and another 10 or so in Denver/Boulder area.

Do you try the makers in the Denver/Boulder area?

1 Like

Guess a logical starting point is to gather input from those willing to participate…
Colorado forgers, what thinks the group? Just a meet up for brunch, or figure out a member to host a laser party?

1 Like

Personal opinion here (and don’t let me stop you), but I really hate anything that uses “UG” in the acronym. It reminds of… well… “Ugh!”. :smile:

I was going to suggest a Canadian meetup of Glowforge Lightsmiths!

8 Likes

Anyone take the google map and use all the points of members to interpolate the midpoint for everyone ( preferrably the bahamas?) :grinning::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Vermont. I think there’s someone else on the map.
Gonna be pretty virtual.

On the other hand, we all have a lot of wood around…

3 Likes

Count me in. :smiley:

3 Likes

If people who want to attend list

1. the continental scope they’re willing to travel and
  2. their own location,

I’ll painstakingly enter the details :smile:

ie.-
US,CA,MX - Edmonton, Canada

2 Likes

I’ve only been chatting with a handful of Colorado locals, none in Fort Collins yet. For GFUGs, I was imagining a monthly-or-so evening for getting together in small groups to chat about problem-solving, show off projects, and share excess materials (say, the admission “price” would be ten or more small laserable items to share, such as tiles, stones, wooden earring blanks, etc.).

4 Likes

Clever site! Each region should use one of their maps.

1 Like

I’m in! Looking forward to meeting folks in person. Getting together socially pre-GF would be fun, then perhaps rotating hosts once was they are in-hand.

3 Likes