GFUI moving extremely slow

Is any one else having an issue with the UI lagging? Trying to move an object with the mouse is nearly impossible because there’s such a crazy delay. When nudging with the arrow keys, there’s a few seconds from the time I hit the keyboard to the time the object actually moves. Any command has the same delay.

Everything else on my computer is running at normal speed. Ive closed out safari and started it up again with no noticeable change.

That we be a local issue. Probably the browser. If you turn off wifi completely you can still move objects around smoothly in the GF UI. No communication back to the cloud for that.

That’s not to say your computer/browser isn’t trying to do communicate unsuccessfully with GF servers at the same time causing performance issues.

3 Likes

turning off the wifi disables me from accessing the UI all together. Even starting with it open, once turning off the WIFI, the window turns blank with nothing but an error message

Don’t know what to tell you. Using Chrome with the GF off. If I open a project on the UI then turn off the laptop wifi completely, I am still able to move objects around on the workspace without hesitation. I am also able to set power, speed, etc.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble utilizing the Glowforge App.

When you notice the lag or delay, is it with a particular design file, or any file you attempt to upload?

Does the same issue occur if you utilize Google Chrome instead of Safari?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.