Gift for Mother's Birthday

Made for my mothers 90th Birthday. She’s in an assisted living center even though she can get around just fine. This is for the door to her room instead of the bland one they provide.

I finally figured out what i could use the little box that GF provided…

31 Likes

I love love love the roses! I bet she cried.

How long did it take to cut those nice deep letters on the box?

3 Likes

Thanks, she hasn’t seen it yet her Birthday Party is Sunday…

Total print time was about 40 minutes

Very cool! (Beautiful job on the roses.) :grinning:

2 Likes

Cool! How did you get the colour so neat in those lines? x

1 Like

Awwwww, that is so nice!

1 Like

I painted it all with the paper on. Once it dried the tedious part was removing the paper in the small parts of the roses. That’s where tweezers came in handy…

3 Likes

Likely to get some requests for more for other residents. :slight_smile:

Nice work!

1 Like

That would be great there’s 150 rooms a lot of them i know from growing up there in town.,

My husband is the head chef at an assisted living facility and it’s fun to see all the different creative decorations on the resident doors. Your mom’s is going to be a big hit and I bet you’ll have some requests to make more!

2 Likes

Lovely work on the sign! Good use of the box also!

2 Likes

Wonderful, wish I had the opportunity to do so…

2 Likes

That’s beautiful! I’m sure she’ll love it!

1 Like

I love it! I’m in the middle of working on the same thing for my Grandfather. It’s so nice to make them stand out and feel special in this way! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s beautiful…and to echo others, especially the roses. My own mom passed 4 years ago at 103, and I also know all too well that many of the resident’s door signs could have used more warmth and creativity. Nice job!

2 Likes