Gift for our granddaughter

I made this for our granddaughter, who is severely hard of hearing. She got her first implant in October and is beginning to hear some sounds. In the interim, she’s learning baby sign language (she’s almost 17 months old) and is as happy as can be.

Actually blew the dust off the Cricut to make the vinyl for the letters!

62 Likes

That’s Real Nice. Well Done.

4 Likes

What a great and colorful learning tool!

5 Likes

I agree, we’ll done.

2 Likes

This is heartwarming and beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

5 Likes

Wow— I really like this. The contrast between the colors is just perfect!

4 Likes

That is amazing. I am so stealing this idea for my grandbaby. I have been teaching her ASL since she was about 6 months old. She is 2 now. Don’t sue me.

4 Likes

Your are great grandparents to think of this teaching tool.

3 Likes

Glad to give you an idea you can use!

1 Like

Oooo, that’s very nice! Wishing continued success for the little one.

4 Likes

Wonderful idea! Sign language is frequently taught in preschools and elementary schools. I learned the alphabet as a youngster due to an older aunt and uncle who couldn’t speak or talk.

Also some sign language to communicate with a couple of employees and friends. Now, I work with the grandchildren to learn some signing. It can often feel more heart felt and expressive.

4 Likes

What a wonderful application for the GF! What a wonderful gift, too! Nicely done!

2 Likes

May I ask how you were able to design this? I’ve been looking for svg files to make one for my niece but can’t seem to find any. Any suggestions? Thanks, Joy

I purchased a file with the ASL language and had another file for an alphabet puzzle. I tweaked both, and with a little trial and error (and some expletives) got it to where I wanted it. I blew the dust off my Cricut to cut the vinyl for her name.
Donna

I see. You had me laughing pretty hard with the (expletives)…:joy: boy do I understand that!

Thank you for letting me know.