I did a deep cleaning on my 'Forge. I cleaned all the lenses, including the one under the top of the head. I pulled it off the exhaust hose and meticulously removed a bunch of dust/soot/sap from the back. (Thought for product improvement, I super wish that was a more customer friendly maintenance… it obviously needs to be cleaned on a regular basis). Used the canned air to get to parts I couldn’t reach very well… visual inspection seemed to indicate all the loose matter was out and I could see a metal grate again, the fan blade moves easily with a q-tip.
Everything back together and in place, ran it for a minute with no hose to make sure the fan really did move smoothly.
As recommended, I ran the gift of good measure as a check (and I have video, though not sure how to share it)…
The first one ran askew… the metric measurements were off, it seemed confused if it was using imperial or metric measures at the bottom as well… it half printed some fractions where there were none. See photo attached.
I came back, took screen shots, ran a second gift of good measure. This one printed just fine. That’s good.
I went to take them out, and neither one cut all the way through.
Prints were run about 1:23 PM and 1:31 PM Pacific on 12/22.