Gift of Good Measure didn't cut through all of the circles

I just got my Glowforge today and got it set up. I used the proof grade medium draft board to cut the gift of good measure file. All is great except the 3 biggest circles did not cut through.

Welcome to the forum.
Support will probably suggest that you clean all of your optics and provide photos. Here is a similar post so you can try this while waiting to hear back from support. New Machine not cutting PG Draftboard

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag!

There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:

To be sure they’re not a cause for concern, please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with next steps.

Hi @janet957 - it’s been a few days since we’ve heard from you, hopefully that’s because everything is going great now!

If you’re still having any trouble could you please try the steps my colleague Jeremy recommended at and send those photos along? Thanks!

Hi @janet957. We haven’t seen any activity in this thread for a while, so I’ll go ahead and close this out. Please feel free to create a new thread, or write us at support@glowforge.com, if you’re running into any further trouble. We’ll be happy to help. Thanks!